We are pleased to invite you to the 2022 ShredOff competition! This online tournament will test your footbag skills through a series of different phases where you will face other competitors.
ShredOff is a free-form technical event where players can demonstrate their best freestyle footbag ability in whatever way they desire. The submission is a fixed-length video comprised of as many individual clips as the competitor wants that should highlight their strengths in the sport.
Submission round (with registration)
Deadline: 23rd September 2022 at 23.59 PT (GMT -7)
Length of video: 0.30 min
No player will be disqualified from the previous round. According to the number of players and the ranks from the judges, 6 pools will be created for Open and 2 pools for Intermediate and Female.
Deadline: 30th September 2022 at 23.59 PT (GMT -7)
Length of video: 1.30 min
First and second ranked from each pool advance to Top 16. 4 groups of 4 players. Best player of each pool advances to final. For intermediate, There will be Top 6. 2 groups of 4 players. Top2 od each group advance to final.
Deadline: 14th October at 23.59 PT (GMT -7)
Code: To Be Announced
Length of video: Open 2.00 min | Female 1.30 min | Intermediate 1.30 min | Doubles 1.30 min
Group of 4 players for each category. Judged at the moment by a panel of judges during The Final Show.
Deadline: 28th October 2022 at 23.59 PT (GMT -7)
Code: To Be Announced
Length of video: Open 2.30 min | Female 2.00 min | Intermediate 2.00 min | Doubles 2.00 min
- All videos need to be exported in Full HD (1920 x 1080) at high bitrate.
- All Videos need to be shot in Landscape Orientation.
- The Round’s Code needs to be physically shown in the video. Be sure of using the right code for each event´´s round.
- The player should be in the center of the shot and entirely visible at all times.
- No strict footbag size or color requirements, but they must be clearly visible in your videos. Consider clothing and background colors, distance from camera, etc.
- If possible, film with a static camera. Avoid heavy camera movement.
- Make sure you have good lighting. Broad daylight or powerful artificial lighting work best.
- Look and dress professionally.
- Videos cannot have slow motion, fast motion, or any editing that alters the actual performance.
- Submissions for Shred-Off
- can consist of multiple clips edited into one video, but the player must show the round’s code once per recording session.
- need to have the Official Event Intro Clip at the beginning of the video. Download here
- need to show the name of the player, city and country during 1-2 seconds after the Intro Clip.
- Use whatever music you want in your video.
- IMPORTANT: Check that your routine song will not have any copyright issues on YouTube! Tip: Before planning your routine, upload a video with the song you want to use on YouTube and see if it gets blocked for copyright reasons. If it does, you’ll need to pick a different song
Upload / Transfer
- Files for Shred-Off need to be uploaded to YouTube as “Public” and click the option “No, it´s not made for kids” in settings of the video.
- Schedule the release of the video on YouTube for the round’s exact deadline.
- Name your video in YouTube as follows: SHREDOFF2022 – Shred-Off – ‘Round’ – ‘Your Name’
- Send us the link to your video via email.